Monday, August 3, 2009

The Fair results are in...




After a 2-year hiatus from fair entries I made 9 items this year. I spent most of Sunday baking and had Mati as an excellent helper; she mostly likes to turn the mixer off and on and chew on clean wooden spoons.
  1. Chocolate Chip Cookies - No place :-(


  2. Banana Bread - No place :-(


  3. Pumpkin Bread - White Ribbon - 3rd place


  4. Brownies - Red Ribbon - 2nd place


  5. Sugar Cookies - Blue Ribbon - 1st place!


  6. Chocolate Cake - Blue Ribbon - 1st place!


  7. Sweet Rolls - Blue Ribbon - 1st place!


  8. Pumpkin Walnut Pie - Blue Ribbon - 1st place!


  9. Peach Pie - Blue Ribbon - 1st place!

I'm really happy with the results. I have not yet been successful enough to earn a "Sweepstakes Ribbon." This is my ultimate goal. The "Sweepstakes Ribbon" is awarded to the best of all the baked-good entries... I'll try again next year.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Congrats, Deb! All of that sounds so delicious. That's a lot of blue ribbons! I'm sure Mati enjoys playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you found the time to do this again with a baby, but congratulations. Are we going to be having of the "delicacies" soon?

    ReplyDelete