Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Fair

We had such a great time at the fair. We saw animals, rode a pony, played with friends, and rode the rides.

Riding the carousel.



Mati and Doug riding the spinning berry ride with some friends. I don't do spinning rides, but we did go on the ferris wheel as a family.

On the Apple Worm ride... Mati is big enough to go on her own!

Petting the piglets in the "Circle of Life" exhibit.

Riding a pony. We do this at Meijer (fake pony) and the zoo (real pony) so Mati is getting to be a pro at this.

The train ride with Rachel.


And here are the results for all of my fair entries:
Pumpkin bread - no place :-(
Coconut cake - no place :-(
Chocolate Chip Cookies - no place :-(
Banana Bread - 3rd place
Sugar Cookies - 2nd place
Peach Pie - 2nd place
Pumpkin walnut pie - 2nd place
Blueberry muffins - 1st place
Brownies - 1st place
Chocolate cake - 1st place and section winner which means the best of all cakes entered in all flavors/types.
And the granddaddy of them all... my ultimate fair goal... I WON THE SWEEPSTAKES RIBBON! My pecan rolls won 1st place in their group, won the section (best of all rolls), and then won the sweepstakes prize!!! The sweepstakes ribbon is given to the ONE BEST baked good of all entries in all categories. So of all the pies, cakes, breads, muffins, cookies, rolls, entered they judged my pecan rolls the best. I AM THRILLED! I have to give a "shout-out" to Carolee because we used virtually the same recipe for our pecan rolls (from Marilyn Clear) and I just edged her out. But Carolee also cleaned-up taking first place in her three other categories!

1 comment: